Washi Tape Organizer & Dispensor From a Box

$0

I had a collection of Washi tape that was stuffed into a box. I finally decided to come up with a way to organize it and that looked great, was functional and was unique. This is what I ended up with. All it took was a cardboard box and some dowels!
SUPPLIES
A small cardboard box. The size is dependent on how many Washi Tapes you have. Try to do some rough measuring ahead of time.
Ruler
Decorative paper and/or paint
Small 1/4 to 1/2 dowels. (Mine are 1/4)
Glue
Small metal hook for scissors
FREE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTION SHEET ON ARTICLE AT BOTTOM.
*IMPORTANT: there are some skills to measuring this correctly and aligning the holes just right. Please read the details on the site link!
I made two of these, the first one using a typical box that I get from my Amazon orders. The final one that I love the best I used a box that a piece of electronic equipment came in.
I measured and covered my box with scrapbook paper.
I finished the edges with... you guessed it... Washi tape.
For the first one I punched holes with an awl. For the second one I used a drill which worked a little better.
For this one I added paper in the back and left the sides plain. Push your dowels through and load on the Washi tape.
This is the second box I used for the holder shown below. A small piece of computer equipment came in it. I painted this one rather than covering it with paper.
The second attempt and favorite.

Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Joan Weir

Hi what size drill bit did you use to do the washi tape dispenser so need something like this i have so many ribbons thanks

• Sue Corey

If you don't have dowels handy, but you do have a bunch of short bungy cords...I'd think that would work too. I hate how bungy sets come w/ those short cords I never need but just tangle everything up needlessly. My point is, one could be creative on the rods.

• Joyce

I too have ribbon and trim that I keep in a drawer. This will be great ! Can't wait to get started . Thank you for sharing.

• Elsie

Absolutely . Thank you. Have a great day Gotta go get stuff to do this project