Wall-Mounted Kitchen Hutch #WallCandy #Kitchen #Organization

Have you heard the term sandbox when talking about software development? It's the term used for the testing area where the engineers can "play" with their ideas before they go live to the public. Well, this little kitchen desk and hutch (kitchen command center) was my sandbox before I ordered our kitchen cabinets.
Full materials list, instructions and lots of photos on the blog linked below.
wall mounted kitchen hutch verticalspace, how to, painted furniture, storage ideas, woodworking projects
The result is a charming cottage style desk and hutch where I keep our lives organized!
Are you ready to build your own wall-mounted hutch? Grab your tape measure and saw and let's get busy!
Full materials list, instructions and lots of photos on the blog post, link below.
Once you've made your measurements and cuts, dry fit all your boards together. Make any adjustments to size now. (I also made sure my lamp was going to fit in the hutch.)
I chose to add a piece of beadboard to the back of the hutch. Cut a piece of beadboard to fit on the back of the hutch. Prime and paint the beadboard before attaching it. Prime and paint the hutch as well.
Prop the hutch up or have a helper hold it to determine the height you want to mount it.
This wall-mounted kitchen hutch not only adds more storage in a vertical space, it has also become our Family Command Center!
You can also see the tutorial for building the desk below, link in the blog post.
Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl

• Chris

The entire corner is adorable. Makes me wish I had a corner to use

• Linda Abate

What a great space for an empty wall in the kitchen for storing cookbooks, and maybe a couple of plants. Love the addition of the desk for a nice work space for paying bills, etc. The beachy colors chosen and the ship lap sides on the desk looks awesome. A fantastic job done.