Ash and Crafts
Ash and Crafts
  • Los Angeles, CA

DIY Himmeli Geometric Sculpture

$15

This tutorial is on how to create a himmeli geometric sculpture. It is the gold geometric object in the photos. These are often created out of metal, but this tutorial uses cocktail straws and spray paint for a similar effect! You can hang these or put them on a table for some simple, minimalistic decor. You can also find instructions on how to create the crepe paper succulents on my site.
diy himmeli geometric sculpture with straws, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling
Learn how to create this geometric sculpture with only a few items!
These are often created out of metal, but this tutorial uses cocktail straws and spray paint for a similar effect! You can hang these or put them on a table for some simple, minimalistic decor. You can also find instructions on how to create the crepe paper succulents on my site.
You will need:
Cocktail straws - I found these in the same aisle as disposable plates/cups at Target
Wire - I used some floral wire I had on hand
Spray paint - I used a metallic gold
First I am going to show you the basics. You don’t need to actually do these steps, you can just follow along so you get the idea. This is how you would form a triangle: First, thread the wire through three straws.
Next, bend the wire at a 45 degree angle, right before the second straw.
Right before the third straw, bend at a 45 degree angle downwards. To close off the triangle, you’ll thread the wire through the first straw.
So this is how it looks after you’ve threaded the wire through the first straw.
You can create any shape you want, but I have provided instructions on how to create a diamond on my site. By threading the wire through the straws, you can create any shape. To begin the diamond, you need to create a pentagon shape. For the full instructions on how to create a diamond, please visit my site: http://ashandcrafts.com/himmeli-geometric-sculpture/

Ash and Crafts