Suggestions for new window treatments

+11
Need to dump this old verticals for something new and exciting!
q suggestions for new window treatments, window treatments, windows, Sliding door in kitchen
Sliding door in kitchen
q suggestions for new window treatments, window treatments, windows, Window in kitchen
Window in kitchen
q suggestions for new window treatments, window treatments, windows, Front window in living room
Front window in living room
  • Tflobrad Tflobrad on Aug 14, 2015
    What about IKEA curtain panels? http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=curtain+panels&pageNumber=0
  • Renata Renata on Aug 14, 2015
    2 Rods..one for sheers and one for curtains so when u open the curtains in the morning u still have the privacy . Wonderful window u have.
  • Janice Janice on Aug 15, 2015
    I had 4 sets in my home when we moved in. I really don't like vertical blinds. To save money, I left the hardware in place and bought banquet size table clothes. I hemmed one long side to get the desired length. The opposite side with the factory hem went into the clips that held the slats. Now I can draw the curtains back with the hardware. I also painted the valances
    • See 2 previous
    • Z Z on Aug 16, 2015
      @Janice I always had plans to do this, but didn't get to it at our last home where I had verticals on our slider. Here we have four sets of french doors and I didn't want to buy that many blinds just to use the hardware for sheers. Can you please share a picture of how it looks? I'd love to see it actually done.
  • Judy Judy on Aug 15, 2015
    I really would go for the Ikea track curtains. Very different form normal vertical blinds - which I dislike. A double track is more expensive, but you can get a very decorative look with the same suggestion Renata made. Ikea panels come in different widths, to look like a curtain. Post pictures of your final project
  • Robbie Robbie on Aug 15, 2015
    My mom has vertical bamboo panels about 18" in width each. They slide back and forth via a top rod and a short rod for moving the set so you can open or close as many panels as you desire. We love them and they have lasted for years!
  • Becky (J) P Becky (J) P on Aug 16, 2015
    I just posted this awhile back, which highlighted my horrible (inherited) vertical blinds: http://www.hometalk.com/8984050/q-how-to-display-ball-caps?scid=1589589 It's kinda hard to see in the new picture, but I bought new light blocking curtains, and since they worked so well and room darkening, had to buy sheers to let some light in. I put these on the same rod, and I really like it. What a difference curtains made, updating the space.

How to display ball caps so they don't look like an Anaconda..

• Carole Carole on Aug 16, 2015
    I have 17 inch vertical panels, made of cloth, they slide on a rod similar to the old fashioned cutain rods....I lovem