Upcylced Belt Art

We moved to a tiny apartment in Chicago that had no wall art. Since our apartment is so small I brought a limited amount of craft and art supplies. I did bring a bunch of old leather belts!
I went to Michael's to buy some canvases, on sale. I buy almost everything on sale. I already had E6000. I laid out a bunch of belt pieces until I got the layout I wanted.
I did a black piece, okay with one white stripe, for our grey black and white bathroom.
And a brown leather belt one, leaving some buckles on for the main room.
I painted the canvas gold, with a fat red stripe in the middle on this on, but I did not paint the canvas on the black piece. I get comments on them all the time and was talked into selling them. So these are now for sale.

To see more: https://www.etsy.com/shop/OurOwnBigWorld?ref=hdr_shop_menu

• Dennie

I like this idea for flipping an old coffee table I've had stashed way back in my shed. Thanks for sharing.

• Berta

I was inspired by your idea. My father passed away and I had some belts of his. I wanted to keep them but I didn't want them to sit unused with no purpose. I also used some belts that I had left over from another project. It turned out great. Unfortunately I can't seem to post a picture. Thank you for your great idea!