Plaster of Paris Flowers and a Wreath

I've been seeing sites that show flowers made with plaster of paris and thought I'd give it a try. There are a lot of tutorials on the internet on how to make them. I bought my plaster of paris mix at the Home Depot. They aren't hard to make but it takes time and is a bit messy...okay very messy.
plaster of paris flowers and a wreath, chalk paint, crafts, repurposing upcycling, wreaths
Oops picture is kind of crooked and please ignore the wire I used to hang it. I changed that to a ribbon and it looks much better!! lol
I spray painted my flowers after they had completely dried because I wanted them to look more antique. I used Rust-oleum spray paint in Heirloom White. The flowers are quite fragile but I love the way they turned out.
I used Martha Stewart Vintage Decor Paint (chalk paint) on the frame and sanded parts of it to make it look old. I glued the flowers on with epoxy and draped old shear material on and secured it with wire.
I added some turquoise and white pearl necklaces and chandelier crystals (again using wire) that I was lucky enough to buy at a local thrift store.

• Ellen

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
  • Jdg33766621

Gorgeous shabby chic style piece! Love the creativity and colors you chose. I did this but added some heavy black gesso by Prima / finnabair then hand painted each one with finnabair opals - they are paints that change colors depending on what substrate/ color medium you use as a base. Very interesting and fun to do! I love this art piece!

• Marla Rafuse

Thank you :) I'm trying to picture what you're describing but am having a hard time doing so. Would you be able to post a picture? I'd like to see it; it sounds really cool. Thanks