Fantastic Wall Pocket Organizer From Old Jeans

$0

Make this awesome denim pocket organizer from old jeans. It looks fantastic in kids or teenage rooms and is a really useful storage place for all their bits and pieces.

It would also look great in a home office or den. I have loads of amazing denim upcycles for the home which you can see here.
All you need is some old jeans needle and thread scissors and a branch to hang it from. It is quicker made on a sewing machine but can also be hand sewn, I did a bit of both.

First, you cut out pockets from your jeans front and back. Also, cut out the waistbands from your jeans. I used 16 pockets for this wall organizer.

Arrange your jeans pockets how you want them, in four rows of four. Sew the four pockets in each row together and then the four rows together. As pockets are uneven, your rows are likely to be uneven but don't worry about this.
You can use the cut waistbands to sew around the edge of your pocket organizer to even them up. The waistband is also used to make loops from which to hang it. More photos can be found on the blog link at the end.
Use either a branch or a wooden pole threaded through the loops to hang your pocket organizer from.
My son loves this organizer in his room, not only is it really useful it looks cool and is made from some of his old jeans, so is personal to him. I think I will make one for my husband with his old jeans for his den.
Since making this pocket organizer I have made something else which uses jeans pockets; a denim pocket iPhone pillow (click to see). Which my son also loves in his room.

Claire at Pillarboxblue