DIY Peacock From a Whisk

Ever since I created my whisk dragonfly and butterfly garden art, I've been on the hunt for used whisks at Goodwill San Antonio. These whimsical garden creatures are so fun and easy to make that it's hard to stop once you've started! I've been stretching my imagination and trying to come up with other creatures that I can make with whisks, and I'm tickled with my newest project: a DIY peacock made from a whisk!
Once my daughter saw what I was making she begged me to let her keep the peacock in her room. My original plan was to leave this a bit industrial and let it rust and age in the garden, but she wanted a colorful, glittery peacock, so I obliged. You could opt to leave yours metal or paint it any color you like. Since I have a nice whisk collection from Goodwill San Antonio I will probably make a few more in different styles and colors.
Supplies: Whisk Souvenir Spoon Rusted Wire Net Acrylic Drop Bead Paint: DecoArt Patio Paint DecoArt Glamour Dust 2-Ounce Gold Glitz Glitter Paint Craft Wire Jewelry Glue
Cut a piece of wire net to fit each "feather". Wrap it around the edge, and trim off the excess with scissors.
Glue a souvenir spoon to the base of the peacock as a stand. I used jewelry glue.
This peacock will be a fun addition to my other whisk garden critters, like this dragonfly
and this butterfly made from a whisk! Check out my Hometalk profile to find my other whisk projects!
I think it's fun to turn a tossed kitchen utensil into something completely unexpected! This colorful, glittery peacock would make a pretty addition to a flower bed, or just a cute piece of decor. If you were to use it in a garden, I would add a metal stake to the bottom of the whisk handle so the peacock won't get blown over by the wind or rain. As I mentioned, this one has already been confiscated by my daughter and added to her kitschy bird collection. I'm just happy that she likes it as much as I do.

Morena Hockley