Jessica C
Jessica C
  • Stoughton, WI

Planted Chicken Coop

Our red chicken coop has been a fixture in our yard for the last several years, I decided to give it new life with a few window boxes and some late season plants!
planted chicken coop petideas, container gardening, homesteading, repurposing upcycling
Our little chalet chicken coop is as pretty as ever with a few plants on top!
We built the coop from plans we purchased on eBay. It cost around $200 for the supplies.
After it was done, I painted it red. I love red barns, so it was a natural choice for the chicken coop. I used an oil based paint from Rustoleum.
The girls loved it!
The girls are gone now, but I know they would have loved the new update. I screwed 3 plastic window boxes to the top of the coop and filled them with Miracle Grow Soil. I purchased geraniums, vinca vines, dahlias, marigolds and dusty miller to plant the coop. Can't wait to get some more hens next year!
Jessica C