Upcycled Filing Cabinet

192K Views
Got hold of an old 2 drawer filing cabinet (for this to work the cabinet has to have a base).
  • upcycled filing cabinet, container gardening, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
I took out the drawers, attached an inexpensive rubber doormat to front (was the side of the filing cabinet). I used a "no more nails" type of adhesive that is suitable for outdoor use. With this cabinet I didn't need to add drainage holes as there were already some hole sin the back of it.
The beginning stages.
I spray painted it all in a primer/paint all in one spray. This is an off white colour but anything could be used.
Filled with soil, planted some plants! Love it!

Suggested materials for this project:

• Hannah V
      Hannah V Brooklyn, NY

Love the idea of adding the rubber doormat and then painting. Gave it such a pretty effect!

Janet Pizaro Smithtown, NY

very nice inspiration. How did you think of the door mat?

• Jenny Ogg
            Jenny Ogg United Kingdom

@Janet Pizaro Hi Janet I'd seen something online and someone made the doormats into wall decor...i just dreamt up putting it on the side of the cabinet to make it more pretty than just a big metal box.