Jenny Ogg
Jenny Ogg
  • United Kingdom

Upcycled Filing Cabinet

Got hold of an old 2 drawer filing cabinet (for this to work the cabinet has to have a base).
upcycled filing cabinet, container gardening, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
I took out the drawers, attached an inexpensive rubber doormat to front (was the side of the filing cabinet). I used a "no more nails" type of adhesive that is suitable for outdoor use. With this cabinet I didn't need to add drainage holes as there were already some hole sin the back of it.
The beginning stages.
I spray painted it all in a primer/paint all in one spray. This is an off white colour but anything could be used.
Filled with soil, planted some plants! Love it!

• Carla.beier

First of all, it looks beautiful! I absolutely love the “rubber mat” that doesn’t look like a rubber mat. It has a rod iron, very expensive look. Could you please tell me what kind of paint you used, was it latex or something else? Thanks so much
  • Rj125816070

I absolutely LOVE this idea! Thanks so much for sharing! My question is, do you have any creative suggestions for the

frame of the cabinet that is left?

• Linda Pepiton Grindstaff

Love it! What did you do with the drawers?

• Red

Love this. The door mat was brilliant. I could see this as a patio trim for separation of spaces. Great idea.

• Kar5140389

Beautiful and clever. Thanks for the idea.