Vintage Map Suitcase Storage

Upcycle a cheap old suitcase with maps into some stunning storage. This is really easy to do and makes something quite ordinary look great. With maps both on the inside and outside this makes a stylish piece of storage for all your travel memorabilia and photos.
This project was done in 2 stages, the outside and the inside. For the outside I used map wrapping paper and PVA glue. Full details can be found on my blog http://www.pillarboxblue.com/brilliant-vintage-map-suitcase/
For the second stage of this upcycle I lined the inside of the suitcase with some map material. The fabric on the inside was a really special surprise when you opened the suitcase and makes it feel almost luxurious.
For the inside transformation I used a map fabric purchased on eBay, PVA glue and cardboard. No sewing was involved. You can find the finer details here http://www.pillarboxblue.com/brilliant-vintage-map-suitcase/.
I think old suitcases make for fantastic storage. They look so good that you can have them on display and don't have to hide them away. I use various suitcases for all my craft supplies.
Of course this suitcase looks so good you could actually use it as a weekend bag when travelling.

Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Homebody

I think I would burn or tea the edges to make it more rustic.

• Deezie

I love this! Great idea using map fabric on the inside. I may do this with some old suitcases I have. Such a great and fun project

• Claire at Pillarboxblue

Glad you like them, if you've got some old suitcases you should definately do this it really transforms them. I love mine and plan to do some more.