DIY Slipcover for an Ottoman

We scored on this ottoman, buying it for only $30 a few years back. But it has seen better days, even with the weekly cleanings. Every time someone comes over, it's a rush to clean it real quick and hope it dries in time. So, instead, I decided to make a slipcover for it. I can just throw the slipcover onto it whenever I need to.
Here's the ottoman before the slipcover.
And here it is with the slipcover. I love the look of it, it reminds of the slipcovered furniture from Ikea.
I'm not an upholsterer or a seamstress, but I do know how to sew a straight line; so this was actually pretty easy. All I did was cut out the pieces of fabric I needed and laid them on the ottoman upside down and pinned it. I then took off the 'shell' and hemmed it in place.
For the sides, I only went 12 inches down with the seam and then did an outer seam to create a pleat. I then hemmed the unfinished edges and created a pocket fold to finish it off.
Another great thing is that it gives a punch of white to my otherwise very cream room.
To see the full tutorial, visit my blog!

Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Thrifty and Chic

• Lori

I really want to do this, it's perfect. I checked out the full instructions and it looks like you have a little ridge around the top square as well as the lower edge ones but I didn't see how to do that. Am I seeing things or is there a ridge seam?