Chicken Coop Coffee Table

When I wanted a new coffee table for my living room, I did what any crafter does...I hit the internet for inspiration. For some reason, I was immediately drawn to chicken crates. I've never owned a chicken, but I love the architectural style of the chicken crate. Do crates have style...why yes they do! With the chicken coop in mind I now had to find one. Ebay is super expensive for the crates and you
chicken coop coffee table, diy, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, rustic furniture, woodworking projects
The feet were originally Ball Top Finials meant to be used for deck posts. The screw is already attached. These were found at Home Depot. These were originally used for the feet of a set of shelves (painted red) but I’ve since moved the shelves and didn’t want the shelves quite so tall, so the feet came off. On top of the red, the feet were painted a nice gray, sanded off with a sander then stained.
To install the feet, predrill holes in the corners of the chicken coop. Just screw the feet right in.
I happened to have this metal tray that fit perfectly over top of my coop.
Finished off with a few pallet boards cut to fit inside the tray. If you don't happen to have a tray, a piece of glass or the pallet wood used separately would work great.
Hope you get a chance to stop by for a lot more recycled inspiration.
ScavengerChic