Build It: Contemporary 4-Panel Barn Door for $50

$50

In my last post I revealed our Modern Barn Door: An easy solution for awkward entries. I'm back today for the complete details on how we built our three, contemporary styled, 4-panel doors for around $150. Yes, for the average price of one door, we built three! A bit of FYI, the 4-panel door is most common in Canada and Europe. A similarly styled door in the states is typically 5-panel.
To say that this makeover has changed the way we function in our master ensuite, is an understatement.
For some reason, going with the four-panel door really appealed to me. While the new doors don't match the rest of our interior doors, I felt the style, with clean and uncluttered lines, complimented our shaker kitchen cabinets. Because we have become quite the fans of Purebond Plywood in Red Oak, we knew we would be building the doors ourselves with their product. It's an environmentally safe, hardwood product. And when I say hardwood, I mean it. Just keep reading, you'll see!
We don't own a truck, so we had to figure out where to have Home Depot cut the sheets of plywood so that they would fit in our small SUV. Just for reference, we can fit a piece that's around 40" x 96". We do this for just about every plywood project and then make the rest of the cuts at home. But if you don't own a table saw, they generally do an okay job of ripping the pieces for you. For complete door diagrams and cut plans visit my site for the FREE download 

I highly recommend the barn door hardware we used, you can find it here.

• 4x8 sheet of Purebond Plywood  (Home Depot)
  • Ryobi Nailstrike  (Home Depot)
  • Woodglue

Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Deeply Southern Home

• Hannah V
    Hannah V

Amazing! These doors are so sophisticated and cool.

• Rozzy
    Rozzy

WE have been looking for plans that we felt would be easy to follow and have a classic look. Thanks for sharing your plans and source of your materials.