Kitchen Design Trends - Hometalk Experts Weigh In

3.3K Views
We were lucky enough to get some of our Hometalk Pros to help us compile some very interesting information about the kitchen design trends of 2013 - any beyond! What are the hot paint colors? Is stainless steel in or out? What lighting & appliances are worth investing in?
Want to create a look that speaks to the ages? Try these tips and ideas for the best design that 2013 has to offer!
  • What's hot in kitchen design? It's a topic that's always trending on http://www.AKAtlanta.com and these 5 industry professionals will break down all that's hot and new in kitchen remodeling and design.

Suggested materials for this project:

Ask a Question
      • Tanya Peterson Felsheim
        Tanya Peterson Felsheim Grants Pass, OR

excellent video watched the whole thing! I am not surprised what he said about stainless steel appliances...and the colors...I'm still not going to paint my tiny house ceiling anything but WHITE! But someone like @Douglas Hunt would be much braver than me! But I would feel sooo closed in. And the thing with more lighting I totally get that...I want more lighting with less cost...working on switching things out...biggest problem is I let my electrican install a dimmer switch in my kitchen pendant lights and the new stuff buzzes even when not dimmed but really buzzes when dimmed. Thinking about doing away with the dimmer as I really love to have these lights on ...this makes me really really decide to remove that dimmer switch I LOVE light.

• AK Complete Home Renovations
          AK Complete Home Renovations Marietta, GA

A beautiful room would be nothing without proper lighting! If the lights are buzzing with the dimmer it's possible there are light bulbs in the lights that do not dim! Try switching the light bulbs or remove the dimmer if you have to. We bet you'd be surprised how many homes you see that you wouldn't even think twice about the ceiling, but it's not in fact white. Light blues and grays really can make a room feel very chic while still keeping it bright!