Dolly Sarrio
Dolly Sarrio
  • Timmonsville, SC

We Have a New Backyard Animal

We have been blessed with a new Great Pyrenees Dog. We recently lost our other Great Pyrenees named Chewy. This one is a year old and the little girl that owned him named him Casper. I think we are going to like him and he seems to like it here.
Casper in his new pen.
Casper in his new pen.
These pictures are the very first day we received him. He is such a blessing and he came to us so fast after we lost our dear Chewy.
Chewy
Chewy
This is our dear Chewy who passed away and we were all so very sad. He was a great herd dog and protector of our hen houses. The vet's office were so sad to see him go. They did everything they could to save him but it was just some weird thing that took him away from us.
we have a new backyard animal, pets animals
Here Casper is looking around his new home, he s very happy seems to like his new home. They are roamers so they have to be kept on property in some way especially a new dog such as this. They are known for going beyond their boundaries.
Here Chuck is petting him and getting to know him. This dog is precious and very intelligent.
Casper is very well behaved but then Chuck is a dog whisperer.
Look at this within 20 minutes we have become a family. I think this 'dog from God' as I call him will work out just fine. You see I was so heartbroken with Chewy's death the entire family was and I prayed about it. Within 2 weeks someone came to us with this dog needed a new home. He has a new home and first day here seems extremely happy.
Dolly Sarrio

• John

Our veterinarian told us, we should not cut Nolan's hair because of his Great Pyrenees heritage. because they are a cold weather dog, they have three layers of fur. If the hair is trimmed, the bottom or even the second layer may turn in and grow under the skin, causing pain and act like an ingrown hair. If it is hot, you might consider a small mister, but I'm not sure the chickens can handle that constant mist. Ducks yes, chickens may catch cold and get sick. Sometimes I think kids may be better to raise. Ha! Ha!

• Dolly Sarrio

@John I didn't know that about the hair but I knew we aren't supposed to cut them..pink skin and all. He has two pools and a bucket but he is a furry thing. I believe you're right about the kids lol.

• John

My groomer has a method called "fermonater" that removes almost all the lose hair on Jack. We can go almost two weeks before we start seeing the white snow drifts in the house. It works great. I think it is an extra brushing with a special brush that removes a lot of the lower layers of lose fur. It keeps him cooler, and he stays a lot cleaner after it.

• Dolly Sarrio

@John That sounds great! I do have a special brush with tines that when I brush Casper the ground is covered looks like snow. I'll have to ask my sister about your method she is a groomer. Thank you so much.