A Desk Divided

Come see how Kristy from Robb Restyle turned an old desk into two beautiful side tables in Sunday Tea and Bliss!
Hi, it’s Kristy again from Robb Restyle. Today I’m sharing a little project we recently created for our bedroom using Country Chic Paint’s limited edition Sunday Tea.
I have had my eye out for a very specific vintage desk that could be divided into two end tables since spotting a similar project on Pinterest. And this summer, my little guy (he’s 9 and loves to be a picker) spotted this very style of desk at a yard sale.
He begged my husband to stop… he’s got a good eye and knew his mama would love this vintage piece of furniture – not even knowing it was exactly the piece I had been seeking.
You see, we recently upgraded to a king-sized bed, so we needed new bedside tables that were pretty narrow but also had some drawers to hide our books and other bedside necessities.
Sure, this was a cute vintage desk, but I didn’t need a desk at the moment. And, it wasn’t in the best of shape in one piece. So I didn’t feel guilty for tearing it apart. Well, maybe a smidge… I really do love a good ol’ vintage desk.
I painted the tables with Sunday Tea and lightly distressed them.
Then I made a stencil and painted triangles in Country Chic Paint’s Bliss on the top for a pop of color against all the gray neutrals in the room. I like how the triangles flatter the deco style of the tables.
I finished with Chic Paint’s Pearl Wax… and now I am obsessed with this wax! It’s a subtle iridescent effect with a big impact on Sunday Tea paint. I love how you can see the shimmer difference on the left table in this photo.
I’m so glad we divided the desk into our new bedside tables. And, the pop of Bliss matches the retro aqua chair we discovered in someone’s trash pile. It’s like these two pieces of furniture were meant for each other.

Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?

To see more: http://www.countrychicpaint.com/blog

• Pam

How did you divide the desk to make the nightstands?
  • Fadedgenes

Isn't this an old dresser minus it's mirror? Seems like the style is waterfall or something like that.

• Judy Maxwell

It is not a dresser, but it’s a vanity. A large mirror usually is attached and a low stool or bench goes with. Cute and clever repurposing idea.

• Bluenative

You did a very nice job. However the piece you had to start with was a vanity. My grandmother had one very much like it. It came with a large circular mirror. I would date it back to turn of the century. (1900’s to 1920’s)

• Brenda begg

Yes, it was a waterfall vanity. We have a similar one but I hesitate to transform it.

• Shannon Stordock Hecht

I hope you saved those original pulls! The bottom ones look especially interesting.