Country Chic Paint
Country Chic Paint
  • Canada

A Desk Divided

Come see how Kristy from Robb Restyle turned an old desk into two beautiful side tables in Sunday Tea and Bliss!
a desk divided, bedroom ideas, home decor, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
Hi, it’s Kristy again from Robb Restyle. Today I’m sharing a little project we recently created for our bedroom using Country Chic Paint’s limited edition Sunday Tea.
I have had my eye out for a very specific vintage desk that could be divided into two end tables since spotting a similar project on Pinterest. And this summer, my little guy (he’s 9 and loves to be a picker) spotted this very style of desk at a yard sale.
He begged my husband to stop… he’s got a good eye and knew his mama would love this vintage piece of furniture – not even knowing it was exactly the piece I had been seeking.
You see, we recently upgraded to a king-sized bed, so we needed new bedside tables that were pretty narrow but also had some drawers to hide our books and other bedside necessities.
Sure, this was a cute vintage desk, but I didn’t need a desk at the moment. And, it wasn’t in the best of shape in one piece. So I didn’t feel guilty for tearing it apart. Well, maybe a smidge… I really do love a good ol’ vintage desk.
I painted the tables with Sunday Tea and lightly distressed them.
Then I made a stencil and painted triangles in Country Chic Paint’s Bliss on the top for a pop of color against all the gray neutrals in the room. I like how the triangles flatter the deco style of the tables.
I finished with Chic Paint’s Pearl Wax… and now I am obsessed with this wax! It’s a subtle iridescent effect with a big impact on Sunday Tea paint. I love how you can see the shimmer difference on the left table in this photo.
I’m so glad we divided the desk into our new bedside tables. And, the pop of Bliss matches the retro aqua chair we discovered in someone’s trash pile. It’s like these two pieces of furniture were meant for each other.

To see more: http://www.countrychicpaint.com/blog

• Bonnie

Very clever! I would never have thought to take the end pieces off to make bedside stands. Great job!

• Bluenative

You did a very nice job. However the piece you had to start with was a vanity. My grandmother had one very much like it. It came with a large circular mirror. I would date it back to turn of the century. (1900’s to 1920’s)