50s Bike Turned Into a Priceless Credenza!

When I bought my vintage bike years ago, I knew it was extra special... But having moved and downsized, she needed to find a home where she didn't collect dust. When no one wanted to buy her, my vision of making a credenza was born!
50s bike turned into a priceless credenza, diy, living room ideas, repurposing upcycling
We used a rustic room divider that I no longer used.
My husband was the best at recreating my vision and he installed brackets to secure the wood to the wall (I wanted it to appear as though the table was being held up by the bike)
And the finished look was more than I could ever have expected!
(Of course it needed the handles for extra affect... So my husband drilled a hole at a slant and in they went!)

• Helen Murray

Why not use the seat also?

• Mary L. Sutherland

I think the seat may be there. Just acting as a support under the shelf. I'm almost willing to bet that if they took a picture from a lower angle ,or from a little further out at the height of the shelf, you'd probably see it there.

• Max10086706

How did you attach the handlebars to the shelf?

• Mary L. Sutherland

It says in the article that her husband drilled a hole in the top shelf at an angle for the mounting post to fit thru and reattach to the bike.

• Helen

I love this idea. I am trying to think where I could put one like it

• Jina

It’s fabulous!

i use bicycles with or without handlebar baskets in my garden for fun yard art. One is near my hose reel and faucet and holds assorted sprinklers and hose end sprayers.

Even a more modern bike looks fabulous once it’s spray painted a solid color.