Easy DIY Backyard Pergola

Having a smaller backyard or one that is oddly shaped can be difficult to work with. I shared a few weeks ago a corner garden that we did for almost no money to add a little something extra to the yard.
Our next project was this beautiful pergola that we built ourselves. Pergolas add such a neat architectural dimension to any yard and the possibilities are endless. We wanted one that was small enough to fit in our yard, but still large enough for a porch swing, a table and fire pit.
Most pergolas are fairly expensive and we wanted to stay under a $250 budget. By building our own with regular wood and adding lattice to the top, we were able to stay in our budget!
Living in Texas with constant storms, we dug down about 3 ft and heavily concreted the posts in.
We love using lattice for things. It is cheap and can be painted to match anything. We added lattice to the top to hang lights from, add more shade and hang other things from. We also spray painted it to match.
Outdoor lights are the perfect addition to any yard, so we got various colored lights and twinkle lights to attach to the lattice.
Next I will show you the porch swing we added! This fall we will also be adding a fire pit underneath to enjoy on those crisp autumn nights. Visit my blog for more pictures and details of our easy DIY pergola!

13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet

• Cassie
    Cassie

Love it! We are planning on adding a pergola soon, this is great inspiration!

• JJ
    JJ

I've been wanting to build my own but thought the cost would be outrageous! Now I'm thinking I could do this and am SUPER excited!!