Sewing Machine Cabinet Made Into Holiday Cooler

Who would think this little table is ready for so much fun?
sewing machine cabinet made into holiday cooler, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
This repurposed sewing cabinet does double duty. Use as a table, but when it's time for to party open top. Use galvanized tub to ice down your favorite beverages and the top as a table for glasses, etc.

• Kay Morano

Great piece!!! What are the dimensions of the galvanized tray and where did you buy it? Thanks for any information you can share : ) Kay

• Pamela Field

Thanks, Kay. A friend of mine does heating and air and custom makes them to fit for me out of the same materials needed to make ducts

• Sadie Seasongoods

I am putting together a round-up post of repurposed patriotic ideas for my blog, Sadie Seasongoods, and I'd love to include this (one photo and a link). Would that be alright with you?

• Pamela Field

Sure! The Flag cooler is especially popular and I've made several.

• Gail Dowdy Woodward

How do you fix drain?

• Pamela Field

some I did not make a drain because the bin pops out. When I did, just drilled a hole and used a wine cork as the plug. ;)

• Pamela Field

Thanks Miriam!

• Danielle Lalonde

that's fine... you gave me enough information to play with... thank you so much for your response and for sharing such great work... I have about 4 antique pieces, grandmother's sideboard, an antique singer sewing machine which I am looking to repurpose and a wooden ironing board my grandfather made my grandmother back in the 1930s and an old table. Wish me luck.

• Pamela Field

@Danielle Lalonde those sound like great projects! Can't wait to see what you do with them. Good luck!