How To Tape & Paint Hexagon Patterned Wall

I love a graphic wall treatment, and a hexagon pattern is especially fun. I created a stencil, mixed my own paint, and created a really cool ombre painted hexagon patterned wall.
Cardboard Hexagon Cut Out
The first step is to make the stencil. I have a video showing how I made mine- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjbIsJbfNbo
Essentially what you'll need to do is tape one hexagon to the wall, tape around it, remove it and retape it, tape around that one and keep on repeating until the wall is covered.
Taped Hexagons
Occasionally it helps to stop and make sure everything is lining up, level, and looks "right."
Painting individual hexagons for ombre
For an ombre effect, mix the main color with white (or white/grey/black to lighten and change the color). Start on one end and work the darker/lighter colors more on the other end.
It's really quite easy! For all the details and pictures, stop by the blog post!e

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Corinna Henderson

• Joanie
    Joanie

I'm in love with this ombre look....sp.? You did a great job!! I'm curious which room you have it.????