Fabric Accent Wall

Hi friends!! After living in our house for 4+ years I've finally decided it's time to tackle the upstairs bedrooms. I started with my 5 year old daughter's not so pretty blue bedroom. This black + white finnish fabric inspired me so much!!
fabric accent wall, bedroom ideas, home decor, reupholster, wall decor
Her room is really tiny but it's fine for our needs as long as we keep the "stuff" to a minimal. It has 3 big windows and really great sunlight. But, the blue was not working for us at all!
I painted the room Ultra White, right off the shelf. My daughter LOVES animals so when AlwaysMod offered my friends and I at the Think & Make Thursday a couple yards of fabric, I knew I'd pick this beauty.
After the paint was dry, I used a heavy duty stapler to attached the fabric to the wall. Then I used an exacto knife to trim the excess fabric from above the baseboard. In the other spots I just folded the edge under a little before stapling, this made my work much easier.
It turned out beautifully! I can't wait to add the other finishing touches to her bedroom!!
Leigh Anne @ Houseologie

• Kitty Webb

i am confused i love the fabric on the wall but what is the liguid starch for ,do you glue on the fabric?or does the starch stick the fabric to the wall ??

• @Kitty Webb Hi there! The starch method of having is a popular, well-known way to hang fabric on the wall. It makes it easily removable with no damage (i.e. holes) to the wall. I used staples because my fabric was so heavy. It would have been impossibly difficult for me to hang it alone once it was wet with starch. If you decide to go the liquid starch route, make sure you have a helper!!

• Kitty Webb

Thank you Jan so do i put the starch on the wall and then use staples to attach the fabric to the wall?

• Cecile downie

Use the starch as the adhesive. Dip fabric in starch and hang on wall the same way you would if you were hanging wallpaper. As It dries it adheres to wall and is easily removable when you want a change.

• Cecile downie

PS, No staples needed!

• Lori

With the starch do you have to add anything to it?? (I.e. Water?) @Cecile Donnie have you tried spray basting ??