Light & Bright Guest Bathroom Reveal

My guest bathroom needed some heeeeelp. When we moved in, I slapped up some decor I had in my college days, and called it good. It's been 5 years, and long overdue for some major updating. With just some paint and new accessories, our bathroom was transformed into a spa-like oasis!
Here's a couple "before" shots. Embarrassing to say the least!! Apparently, I had a thing for bright pink and orange.
There's no window so there's no natural light, causing this room to feel even smaller and dark. First, I started by painting the walls a pale gray from Behr paint. Then, I painted our outdated wood vanity a darker gray from Behr as well. It already changed the whole look of the room.
I added some floating shelves, a new framed mirror, and a new shower curtain (that was not hot pink!)
I also made a little towel rack/shelf instead of the outdated towel bar that was previously on the wall. I'll be sharing the tutorial for how I made it on my blog soon!
Since it's also my daughter's bathroom, she helped paint some watercolor art to adorn the shelf, too.
It's now so much lighter and bigger feeling in this tiny bathroom, and the newly painted walls and vanity really bring it all together. Here's a before and after, just because they're so fun:
If you'd like more detail on the whole bathroom reveal with more pictures, head to my blog by following the link!

Amanda @ Dwelling In Happiness