Twin's Chic
Twin's Chic
  • Ipswich, MA

Patriots Dresser By "Twin's Chic"

This is the final look. Please see before and the process below.
patriots dresser by twin s chic, painted furniture
First I spotted the dresser at the local yard sale - it was all broken and my husband Greg had to fix it.
That is how it looked before I painted it. Audrey, my client from Groton chose this potential for her son's Birthday present with the idea to turn it to the sport theme.
I painted this dresser with Volcano Blue chalk paint products from Paint Du Coco.
Then, my husband Greg Marshall, who is a professional artist made a sketch for me the size I had envisioned for this particular piece.
I enhanced lines with colors free hand, using brushes of the right size.
After adding more colors, it was coming out awesome. I got so into it that i designed the hardware as a little footballs .
Here is close up in the hardware design - hand painted footballs.
I had to work on details in particular, leveling and fixing each spot to make lines straight accurately.
Johnny was getting ready for his Birthday party. When I had delivered the dresser to his house we felt like we were ready of some football. I wore Gronk's jersey and Johnny Brady's. He was so exited to and started planning how he is going to organize his clothes inside of the dresser. Ha, I guess that is the way to keep kids organized. LOL
He also said: Pats are #1. And I totally agree. GO PATS !

• Beth Van

Love it!!! I've been eyeing my son's old white dresser in his room for awhile thinking i'd paint it San Antonio Spurs colors and basketballs on the handles! This is giving me motivation to really do it! Thanks!

• Kim Fox

Cute idea but not on an antique. And it's Tom Brady not Johnny