Make Time For An Upcycle!

I enjoy upcycle projects, especially when they turn into something useful! This little rustic clock was easily made in an evening. Although this clock is finished in a style that appeals to me, it could be painted in any color to match your own style or decor!
make time for an upcycle, home decor, repurposing upcycling, rustic furniture
This adorable little clock base is made with a small tin can.
Using a hammer and a nail, I made a hole in the bottom of the tin can large enough for the clock movement shaft to fit through. I used a scissors to bend the edges into the bottom of the tin. The sharp edges inside are covered by the clock movement.
Using a small piece of balsa wood, I used the can as a pattern and cut it with a scissors just slightly inside the circle so that I would have a snug fit for the back panel of the clock.
I also cut a slit so that I would easily be able to pry the back off in order to change out the battery when necessary. I did this with the scissors too.
The clock feet are wooden pegs I picked up from my local Hobby Lobby. However, they were a little too long, so I cut them in half and spray painted them with metallic copper spray paint along with all of the brass pieces of the clock movement.
The tin can was first spray painted with metallic copper spray paint and then I used standard black craft paint and a q-tip to lightly cover the can so that the copper showed through in some areas. The feet were glued on with a glue gun.
The back panel was painted with black craft paint.
I love my new clock! For more details and pictures of this project, please visit my blog.
My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies

• Necee Marie

Very cute!

• Joanne Taggart

I love this. I have a thing for clock faces and upcycled and rusty items. And your upcycled clock is one of my favorites. Adorable. Thanks so much for sharing and I am now a new subscriber. Your projects look very doable and not expensive. Again, thanks!