DIY Painted Floor Cloth

If you're looking for an inexpensive floor covering idea, a painted floor cloth is a great way to add style underfoot while on a budget. Floor cloths can be stylish and are easy to care for. Here's how I made our DIY Floor Cloth for the dining room.
I used a large canvas drop cloth and measured the size I needed for my room. Cut the painter's dropcloth down to size leaving about an extra inch on the sides. Hem the edges - you can use my no-sew method to make it easy!
When painting fabric,t's best to go with a flat finish paint. I used Valspar's Volcanic Ash for this project and applied it with a paint roller. You'll need about 2 coats and be sure to let it dry between applications.
Remove painter's tape Apply 2 to 3 coats of the sealer to insure the best protection of your floor cloth. Again, I used a good paint roller and was sure to let the sealer dry completely dry between coats.
Once your floor cloth is completely dry, you can apply a rug tape or a rubber backing using silicone or liquid rubber from your local craft store. Then you're ready to put down your new floor cloth!
Visit the blog for more tips and techniques including how to care for your DIY floorcloth.

31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Ellora at Creatively Southern

• Connie long
    Connie long

Do the chairs ruin the finish on the rug?

• Heidi
    Heidi

How do you clean it? Can it be machine washed?

• Delia sadler
      Delia sadler

No. The rugs are stiff after painting, etc. Just wipe with water mixed with a bit of dish soap!

• Tina Keehl
    Tina Keehl

How did you hem your floor cloth? I know there are two ways to do it. I just want the easiest way to do it.

• Kristil Albof
    Kristil Albof

Love it,great job!💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙😀
  • Yofrendonna
    Yofrendonna

nice job! I tried this is my home. It was too hard to keep clean with naughty grandchildren