Laura, Pet Scribbles
Laura, Pet Scribbles
  • Little Egg Harbor, NJ

Candytuft: An Easy Year-Round Garden Beauty

Whether you love to garden, or you can't be bothered and just want to put something into the ground and forget about it, Candytuft is a plant you should pick up this season at your local nursery or home improvement store. I'm not a garden "expert" but I am an avid gardener (still learning as I grow - pun intended!) and love sharing what has worked for me.
candytuft an easy year round garden beauty, flowers, gardening
These photos were taken March 2012. I call this plant "alyssum on steroids" for the blanket of white and the longevity of the bloom time!
We needed something in the circled area that would complete this garden bed. I wanted something small, flowering, and evergreen. Candytuft fit the bill!
Here's what our Candytuft looked like after planting one year prior. The plants survived the Winter and came up nice a bushy! They are getting there! :)
And here's what our Candytuft looked like in 2013! Getting bushier and fuller!
A photo looking straight down onto the flowers. Learn more about this plant - including growing and planting info - by clicking on my blog post below, which will take you to my post with more pictures too!
Laura, Pet Scribbles

• Susan

What is the bed edging material - it is beautiful - and did you do it yourself ???

• Gayle G

I live in zone 7. My candy tuft blooms in the spring only. It does get thicker, it spreads a little but not as your pictures shows. Do they bloom only in the spring in zone 7?

• Sharon @ mrs. hines class

beautiful! I'll have to look into that as an option for my yard.

• Lindy

Perfect! We're in MA so your NJ winter is similar and that means candytuft survival for us! Looking for this now--or if not available--next spring. Who knew? I passed this one by numerous times so THANK YOU!