How To Lay Vinyl Black And White Flooring (In Stripes!)

$100
1 Day

To cap off our kitchen mini-makeover we knew we had to do something about the floor. Enter: vinyl black and white floor tile. Did I mention that we completed the floors for under $45? Crazy cheap right? Here's how we laid vinyl floor tile...
how to lay vinyl black and white flooring in stripes, diy, flooring, how to, kitchen design
The before!
Remember that ultra-boring beige vinyl tile? It was clean and in fine condition, but it was just so dated and dull. Since we are saving up our pennies for a major kitchen rehaul (probably won't happen for at least another year or so), we knew we wanted something super cheap and easy to install. Enter peel n' stick vinyl tile. Okay, it's obviously not the most glamorous of flooring options, but it can add a fun pop of colour or pattern to any room.
We searched around the different options - we saw tons that were earthy/gray/beige colours that were relatively nice, but I just didn't like the idea of using something that was *trying* to look like ceramic tile and so clearly wasn't. That stuff doesn't fool anybody. So when I saw the crisp white and black options at our local Rona, I was sold. They were fun and the best part? The 79 cents/tile price tag. If you can't find them at your local hardware store, I sourced some online options that are also a great price (which you can see in the full post here).
We grabbed about 50 tiles (25 white and 25 black) and started with the layout:
I tried laying them out in a checkered then a striped pattern and was quickly won over by the latter. The stripes are something a little different and definitely make the narrow room feel wider.
Then it was time to install. To see my tips and tricks on making this go nice and seamless, head over to the full post here! (Plus you're going to want to see how it all turned out!).

• Vinyl tiles  (hardware store/online)
  • Tape measure  (hardware store)

The Sweetest Digs

• Gwenda

Where is the post I just put about my RV needing flooring and yellow gold and vanilla checkerboard vinyl if vinyl plank "click lock" would break on an RV floor?

• C moore

Good idea. Do you think these would be a good option for my laundry room walls?

• Kim Ayers

Exactly what I was thinking!!! I need to make my laundry room exciting.... perfect idea

• Marley

I have been looking for black and white peel and stick vinyl floor tiles for at least 3 years. I even went Achim Home Furnishings and searched the numbers you reference but came up with "No results found". WHERE can I find these???????