West Elm Inspired Floating Mirror

We all have our catalogs we sit and drool over. For me, that is West Elm with all their chic but rather expensive home goods. I love their stunning floating mirrors, however the $199 for the small size, and $399 for a floor model was a bit out of my price range. This DIY version cost me $23 and some change!! At that price, I imagine I could have a lovely floating mirror in every room of my house!
For this project you'll require a small sheet of plywood, select pine strips, mirror adhesive, and of course a salvaged mirror.
The beauty of this project is in how customizable it is. You can follow the instructions on the blog and create either a small sized wall mirror, or a large floor mirror.
You can also execute this quickly and easily without having to sit and measure. This is the perfect "lazy man" project, also designed for beginners with minimal tool options. For those more experienced, you can use pocket holes to create a frame from the pine strips before attaching it to the plywood sheet.
Once you have created a custom sized base following my tutorial, you'll be able to attach your mirror, seal any cracks, and paint.
What a stunning mirror this makes! Find the full tutorial over at Home Made by Carmona via the link below!

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Ursula @Home Made by Carmona

• Rml8919931
    Rml8919931

i would love to try this. How heavy is this and how did you attach to wall?
  • Bna
    Bna

Yes, same question, how did you attach it to the wall ?

• Karen
    Karen

What kind of mirror glue did you use to hold the mirror on the wall?