Sherre M
Sherre M
  • Morristown, TN

How to Create Garden Art With Flat Marbles

I love old window & the possibilities! You can find them in restores, barns, flea markets, they're everywhere! My favorite thing to do is glue flat marbles on them & hang them on my fence, porch anywhere the sun can reflect & watch the sparkle.
Old window painted red.
Old window painted red.
how to create garden art with flat marbles, crafts, how to, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling
Here's one I posted earlier this summer. I wanted to show you what it looked like after hanging on my fence. This has been out in the sun & rain all summer & still looks great, not one glass marble has popped off! I use LOCTITE G02 GEL GLUE & believe me, they're on there to stay!
Here's a little cabin on the lake!
This one was quick & simple!
On the more detailed ones I just draw a templet & lay under the glass, these flat marbles are glued right onto the glass window panes!
This is the glue
This is the glue
This glue takes a little while to dry so it gives you time to move them around if need be!
Here's what ya get, a cute inexpensive artwork for your garden or porch! These aren't all that heavy either & can be hung anywhere! This one is my favorite- GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

• Sheryl

Love the flag!! Could u put some kind of light behind the flag so you could light it up wouldnit shine through?

• Susie

Does Locktite dry clear??

• Kathy

What are the dimensions of the flag window

• BeeZee

Love how you used these flat marbles for outdoor decorations! The template works for me!

• Barb

Thanks for a lovely art project. Too many really hideous projects are posted using old windows. Yours definitely inspired me.