Antique Glass Insulator Coat Rack Shelf

This Antique Glass Insulator Coat Rack Shelf tutorial comes with a little story about our trip to Ohio & how I came upon these little treasures for a great deal!
I am super excited to share with all of you my Antique Glass Insulator Coat Rack Shelf! I have been dreaming of making this coat rack for almost two months now & I finally got around to making it this week.
A few months ago my husband & I traveled with his parents up to Ohio to visit his grandparents on their farm. This is a special trip that we take every year & I shared a few pictures from our mini vacay in a Life Lately shortly afterwards.
The reason our yearly trip to Ohio is so special is because it is filled with memories for my husband & traditions that he has had his whole life & that I have grown rather fond of over our 3+ years of marriage.
A couple of the many traditions we have includes sitting under their old trees talking & reminiscing while watching the gentle breeze sweep over the bean fields. And another (in an endless list of cherished family traditions) entails flea markets, antique stores, & yard/barn sales.
While my husband isn't as big of the fan of this latter tradition, his parents & I could spend days in this activity.
One particular afternoon, after stopping for some soft serve ice cream on our way into town, my father-in-law & I spotted a little sign on the side of the road at the exact same time that read "barn sale." He quickly swung on to the little dirt road & the two of us immediately jumped out of the van, leaving the rest of the family behind.
We couldn't wait to see what treasures we would find.
After walking through more than half of the smelly old barn, we came across a beautiful dusty shelf of antique glass insulators. We looked at each other & he immediately asked the lady how much she wanted them for. Without any haggling we walked out of their with...
You can read the rest of the story in my post & see my step-by-step tutorial (including pictures) by clicking the link below!

15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Giustina

• John Biermacher

Domestically Blissful Thank you. Dug back to 2011 for before and after photos of another project that used clear insulators for feet They blended well with the glass pulls.

, commode before, commode after Legs removed replace with insulator feet top flipped and refinished and doors made reconfigured
  • Cori Warner

THanks for the inspiration. I have a whole box of these, and was running out of things to do with them., lol!