Laundry Room Makeover

Who wants an icky boring laundry room?? I spend a lot of time in there-I may actually WANT to do my laundry now!
BEFORE: Typical laundry room...boring...stacks of clothes...random catch-all of crap.
AFTER: My masterpiece :)
Why purple? Because we already had a can in the garage from the people who sold us the house :) I love free stuff. I've been slowly collecting these purchases over the past few months and I'm so proud to finally show the finished product!
The frames from the prints were from a Michael's sale, the prints themselves were a pinterest find (http://bit.ly/1NUmc99) but I ended up making my own because I needed 4.
Those adorable porcelain birdies were a Michael's find during their home-decor sale, and the soap container is from AtHome (used to be Garden Ridge). It's looks glass but it's actually plastic! I have one at my kitchen sink too for dishwasher tabs.
The tin buckets are actually from our wedding. The faux hydrangeas were a Goodwill find for .99
I scored those GIANT safety pins on Amazon! The soft hangers were a gift from my momma, from the DOLLAR STORE of all places!
The "Lost Socks" sign was a World Market find if you can believe that!! I found the "Keep the Change" sign on Amazon, I'll be honest-it's not my favorite. Someone could do a much cuter job if they made it themselves.
The cord wraps were a fly-by-the-seat project, I originally bought buttons to make for them but of course I made them to short haha. I love the bows though, I think they turned out just precious!
The adorable dainty rose hanger is also from Michael's! You know the little dollar bins at the front of the store? YEP, that's where I found it! My ironing board is a cheapo from Walmart, here's the link to my how to for the gorgeous cover: http://bit.ly/1JHkFNC

3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items

• Rosemary Carrell
    Rosemary Carrell

My washer and dryer are in the garage. Is there any make over. For a garage...

• Valerie jones
      Valerie jones

So glad you asked— gonna show some ugly pics!! These are my before pics—

I’m in the middle of making a “laundry room “ in the garage. (Since I got new machines, want everything to look nice.) I got this pendant light at Lowe’s for like $10 which plugs in, since I don’t have a ceiling fixture over w/d. Of course I will straighten and attach to ceiling and paint over it. I have a cute framed and painted peg board from an old project which will hang next to dryer, horizontally, where I plan to hang brooms/mops on the bottom of it. Towards the top of pegboard I’m gonna put hooks and I’m sure I’ll find something to hang there. Right outside the kitchen door is where the mops used to be. I ordered a cute but cheap storage cabinet ($125) from wayfair that isn’t too garagey, where I will put my oversized dishes that don’t fit in kitchen. Gonna paint the walls and prob ceiling my turquoise blue to also create a “room”. I had these curtains already, and I’m going to put clip rings on and use a painted pvc pipe as a curtain rod. I tried the curtains behind the storage shelves, but you see the mess and they look better on this side. I’ll be cleaning the mess anyway. I think I can condense and eliminate one of the open shelves. Not sure about the room divider— we’ll see

, Pegboard to hang horizontally, Curtains will be closed not sure if I ll keep room divider there, Old mop storage Those turquoise and black bins will go on open shelves Got those at Hob Lob a little pricey but they ll last a long time, Pendant light over w d I think needs chandelier
  • Moni
    Moni

Where do you keep your laundry baskets now?

• Lisa Goins Trenner
    Lisa Goins Trenner

Where did you find a tension rod that wide?

• Barbara
    Barbara

Walmart.com 13.99

• Suzanne
    Suzanne

CANDY - why don't you get a light weight, easy to move, folding screen to hide your laundry area. Easy to put back in place when not needed.