Bathroom reno-what's most important?

+2

I daydream abut renovating our bathroom. When looking at a bathroom reno, if you has to change one thing, what would be the most important feature to do first and why?

• In my particular situation, I have one of the cheapie builder grade fiberglass tub inserts. I absolutely detest it and if time and money was magic, I would rip it out and opt for a natural stone product with an oversized porcelain tub.

• I would say the vanity is the biggest "statement" piece in a bathroom! That's where I think you can add the most character. If you're looking for the most budget friendly easy transformation though, definitely painting is a quick way to DIY an easy makeover in any room!

• 16999903 16999903 on Jul 03, 2018
    Photos would be helpful in the type of inquiry. Can you post one or two?

• Debbie Kuhar Debbie Kuhar on Jul 03, 2018
    Did this upgrade myself a few years ago. Believe me, you would love a higher toilet and I purchased a low tub with wide edges. Having arthritis, they surely are a life saver. Handrails are helpful.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jul 03, 2018
    If you are going to spend the $thousands$ it cost to properly complete a full bathroom reno, speaking from personal experience, I would say have a design that is practical and safe especially for older bodies, and materials/coverings that are easy to keep clean, and do not require high maintenance.