How to decorate?

+6
How would you decorate this tub and walls?
q bathtub
q bathtub
q bathtub
  • Karen Tokarse Karen Tokarse on Dec 09, 2017
    Test this before you try it. Get some 1500 grit sandpaper and sand all of the polished brass. You will find that the brass will magically reveal a "nickel" finish that is more in keeping with the popular decor.

• for myself, personally, I see the room in spa colors--a soothing sage green, pull out the carpet and put in a textured porcelain tile or slate; pull in accessories with these colors, too. A pvc basket with your body buff, loofah, back brush, tub pillow, etc, maybe a nice case or candle holder(s); towels... Start with your accessories and towels first, take them with you to make floor choice and paint color last

• Pauline Stevens Pauline Stevens on Dec 10, 2017
    Can I please see pictures of the rest of the bathroom, with one showing the space from the entrance? If you can take 4 others, one from each corner of the room, it would really help. It's difficult to give good decorating advice without seeing the space.

• Baba Baba on Dec 11, 2017
    kinda depends on what your looking for........ but for sure I would take up the carpet...... put down new flooring or stain the concrete...... I am guessing you don’t like the gold color on the faucets etc..... I like the idea of the earlier comment about sanding to show the nickel color...... also I have seen people spray painting all of that in an oil rubbed bronze...... which is beautiful also.....
    and for the walls a fresh coat of paint makes a world of difference......good luck!!

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 11, 2017
    It's rather heavy looking bath area, so I would want to go funky with bright happy colours........

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Dec 11, 2017
    I would emphasize the richness of the set up you have. Although many others discount the brass - brass has been present thru many eras of decorating, and still is important in some circles. To minimize expense, I would also keep it. Hopefully if you remove the carpet, the tile is in adequate shape. Otherwise I would put down a wood / wood look product. Paint in a dark blue, with dark burgundy accent pieces (towels etc) . On the floor consider a oriental (style) rug, covering as much of the floor as possible. Accent with brass. see below.