How can I shorten the length of a curved shower rod , to fit the showe

Nadine S
by Nadine S
  • 27524803 27524803 on Feb 24, 2018

you will need to take equal amounts from each end... use a hacksaw.

• Sharon Sharon on Feb 24, 2018

Personally, I would take it back and get one that fits. But if you must, take a hacksaw and cut off the amount needed to get it to fit leaving enough by the end bracket to insert a 4-5" length of metal to fit the two pieces onto. You may have to drill a tiny hole and put a mini screw thru the rod into the extra piece to ensure it doesn't come off. Take a piece of the rod to the home store to buy some pipe that will fit in the rod ends.

• Tree Tree on Feb 24, 2018

Depends on how much you have to remove. Either cut it or bend it.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Feb 25, 2018

I would prefer not to cut it, that creates the possibility of taking off too little (with a new cut) or too much and then have to come up with what do I do now situation. Since the curve is an even curve (arc), you may have to cut on both ends to make it look balanced.

Bending would be the best option depending on how much of an adjustment you need to make.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Feb 25, 2018

You might consider getting one of those adjustable shower rods. They shorten and lengthen to fit your shower just right

• Weeje Weeje on Feb 25, 2018

Take EQUAL amounts off each end this way you will still have that curve.

• Nadine S Nadine S on Feb 25, 2018

Thanks, great idea. I will try it. Because I want to keep the curve.