How do I replace a bath tub shower surround?

• Buffy Chamberlain Buffy Chamberlain on Dec 29, 2018

Are you talking about the white plastic enclosure? I found a video on YouTube. https://youtu.be/-bViu_9CJ58

• Zrando1 Zrando1 on Jan 01, 2019

thanks...will check out youtube...never thought to look there!

• Betsy Betsy on Dec 29, 2018

Hi Zrando1 One thing you need to remember is that when you are cutting holes for the shower and/or faucets, you need to be sure you aren't cutting on the wrong side or end. Measure twice, cut once, as they say:) If you are replacing an old surround, use the piece with the openings as a pattern for the new openings. Get a piece of cardboard and use that for a practice piece. Cut the holes in the cardboard and then fit it to the wall where the holes would be and see if it's a good fit, keeping in mind that it may be off a bit because of the side panels. Nothing worse than ruining an entire surround because of one mistake:) I'm really anal about things like this:) You can do this, I did:) Good luck.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jan 01, 2019

Hello

We tore our fiberglass surrounds out on both a tub and a standup shower surround, replace the tub because the old tub was damaged but reused the standup shower pan and used ceramic tile to replace the surround in both rooms. Our fiberglass surround was attached to the wall construction adhesive which damaged the existing wall with removal— we ended up replacing the surface there.