Is a tub in a bathroom nessessary?

+6
  • Gina Gina on Jun 03, 2017
    Funny you should ask. There are actually laws about this. Check it out. In terms of resale if you have two bath rooms, then one can have just a shower. In terms of rental, FYI, in my city you need a bath when renting to someone with kids.

• Cma21380889 Cma21380889 on Jun 03, 2017
    A realtor once told us that you should have at least one tub in your house for resale value. A lot of people with kids will not buy a house if there is no tub.

• Barbara Barbara on Jun 03, 2017
    No. We took our tub out and put in a walk in shower eight years ago. We do not miss the tub at all. Of course our kids are grown. People tell us it seriously hurt our resale value but I don't care because I love walking into the shower. And it makes it easier to bath the dog.

• Judy Judy on Jun 03, 2017
    No - this is totally up to your choice. Some folks like a shower, for it takes up less water. The tub is good, to relax in, too. This is totally up to you. You can decorate this area, with your choices of colors, or patterns. Best wishes, J.

• Patricia Patricia on Jun 03, 2017
    Check with a local Realtor to see if it will impact the resale value of your home in your community.

• Cindy Cindy on Jun 03, 2017
    Personal choice in my opinion. For future resale value it is a plus to have a tub. I have no tub. For future resale value it is a plus to have neutral colors on the walls. Mine are turquoise. Personal choice. You have to live happy where you are with what you prefer.

• Brenda Brenda on Jun 03, 2017
    It may be for resale

• Phyllis A Tims Phyllis A Tims on Jun 03, 2017
    If you don't have 4 things tub, shower, sink and toilet it is a 3/4 bath.

• Laura Pettit Laura Pettit on Jun 03, 2017
    It depends on if it's an old or ugly tub. Or if it takes up too much room. A really nice shower instead of a tub wouldn't hurt resale much. Everyone seems to be into the rainfall shower heads🙂