How can I lighten up my bathrooms?

+4
My home has no windows in both bathrooms, this makes them dark and

• I'm not sure what your question is, but you mention 'dark'. If you want to lighten things up, I would start with a light paint color on the walls. If doing the floor is in your budget, that could go lighter too. Otherwise, use light-colored rugs. Hope that helps!

• Staci Staci on Dec 16, 2017
    Make sure that you paint them a light color. Do you have a way to put a small window in?

• Update the lighting if possible, makes a huge difference. Paint the walls a light color. I have one interior bathroom, understand completely.

• Cindy Cindy on Dec 16, 2017
    Both of our bathrooms don't have windows either. So that makes lighting very important. In our master bath we have sconce-type lights on both sides of our mirrors, an overhead light, and a fan with a light. In our powder room, we just have an overhead light. We have painted both bathrooms light gray with white trim. Both rooms have tiled floors and I have a very light shower curtain up. I try to use everything in light shades to help brighten things up.

• Tina worley Tina worley on Dec 16, 2017
    Get a night light.

• solotube if roof is right above

• Barb Barb on Dec 16, 2017
    I personally would have ceiling can lights installed or if that’s not an option then if the room has space for a small chest/console table with buffet lamp.