We are moving into a new apartment with a small bathroom.

+1
We would like to decorate it in a tropical beach design without it becoming overwhelming....suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Mary
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on May 26, 2017
    Will you be allowed to paint ? Ocean blue walls . If not , maybe pictures of the beach on the wall . Sea shell shaped soaps in a pretty dish. If you have some shells that you've collected during a trip to the beach , you can attach them to a candle holder with a hot glue gun and display on a floating shelf above the toilet .

• I would use "beachy" colors, pale blues, greens, aquas and turquoise, with accent of sand or a crisp white. Add in a few beachy accents like a jar of shells, one large specimen shell, sand dollars or starfish. Rope is a good accent feature too. I would look at bathroom renos here on Hometalk, Google beachy bathrooms and poke around on Pinterest too. Sounds like a great idea, have fun with it!

• Jacks Beta Jacks Beta on May 26, 2017
    Decor Decor Decor! It's everything when you are going for a theme.

Can you paint? if so, start with a light blue or white slate and build. The possibilities are endless.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 26, 2017
    being this is a rental and the bathroom is small,I would purchase some coastal picots and accessories and come in with the beauty look with towels and carpet.