From the Basement up! Happily Ever After for a Dresser.
I have had this old dresser for years. I struggled with painting it for years as well. Recently, I decided to do it because the piece was in such bad shape. I like the dresser and could use the storage upstairs in our front foyer so I decided to go for it. It didn't need a whole lot of distressing, because it was already naturally 'distressed'.
Hardware taken off and a light sanding to start.
The old hardware. I contemplated painting this, then decided against it.
Finished! The new hardware was not at all what I envisioned, but finding something that fit the old holes was a challenge. Once we added the drawer pulls I really liked how they looked.
Happy to have new storage and a fresh look!
Published March 30th, 2014 9:39 AM
2 of 6 comments