I found this dresser free on Facebook marketplace. The top drawer face had become separated but the rest was in decent shape.
Forest Dresser Refinish Project
Mid century looking dresser. Not all wood. A lot was particle board and the top drawer was damaged.
The damage on the top drawer. I had to use glue and clamps to get it back together. There are weird brackets that are hard to describe. They have teeth meant to grab onto to this flimsy material that isn't wood. I couldn't find replacements and it had been repaired once before. Hoping for the best that it stays together
The glow up begins. Primed with Kilz. My lighting is bad. This is a latex pain† that is more green than in this photo. You have to figure that if you buy materials, you are NOT going to use the whole can. I'm not sure overall what I put in this but had to be less than $10 .
Hardware was boiled in vinegar and scrubbed free of grime. Whimsical forest plants and mushrooms done in acrylic.
The top had a raised spot where water had gotten to the particle wood. I carved it down a bit and sanded it, but wasn't aggressive enough, so I painted shrooms over the bump and made it a 3d feature
- Kilz Primer (lowes)
- Latex and acrylic paints (already had)
- Polycrylic sealer (lowes)
- Wood glue (lowe)