This nightstand was sitting in my house, unused and falling apart. I wasn't sure what to do with it, but didn't want to get rid of it since it's a part of my parent's bedroom suite from my childhood home. So, I dusted off this diamond in the rough and couldn't be more please with the after.
DIY Mirrored Nightstand
Before.... The nightstand sat unused and falling apart.
After cleaning it up and glueing a drawer back together, the nightstand got a fresh coat of black chalky paint.
I distressed the edges with a wet rag.
Mirrors were glued to the drawer fronts for some modern glam.
I updated the original hardware with silver rub n buff.
The insides of the drawers were lined with some shelf liner I had bought several months ago. I knew it would come in handy!
And here's the after! We couldn't be happier with how it looks in my daughter's room.
- Americana Decor Chalky Paint in Carbon (Home Depot)
- Americana Decor Creme Wax in clear (Home Depot)
- Annie Sloan paint brush (available at your local Annie Sloan stockist)
- Annie Sloan wax brush (available at your local Annie Sloan stockist)
- Damp rag for distressing
- Mirror cut to size (local glass and mirror shop)
- Elmer's wood glue to fix drawer (Home Depot)
- Elmer's Probond Advanced Multi-Surface to glue mirror and hardware (Home Depot)
- Silver rub n buff (Hobby Lobby)
- Drawer liner (TJ Maxx)
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published August 12th, 2014 5:26 AM