Anyone know the error or the maker of this dresser? It's marked 663b


This dresser is marked 663B on the back does anyone know who the maker this was or approximately when it was made? It has some veneering on their front and is solid wood including the back and dovetail

q an anyone know the error or the maker of this dresser it s marked 663b
  14 answers
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jun 06, 2021

    Investigate the pieces for further clues, the back and underside are the usual places where manufacturing information is stamped. The maker's mark is placed somewhere out of sight, it maybe "hidden" on a door fastener. The mark could contain a company name or a logo, patent number, date of manufacture...either singly or in a combination. Also check out the components of the piece to be sure they are made by the same manufacturer, being made of the same wood.

    • Kay M Kay M on Jun 06, 2021

      My grandmother had a whole bedroom set of this furniture in the 1950s but probably older than that.

  • Grace Gleason Grace Gleason on Jun 06, 2021

    How about posting a photo of the WHOLE piece? With just the middle, I can't tell much about it.

  • Cheryl A Cheryl A on Jun 06, 2021

    look in the drawers or other areas for the name of mfg. and then search for it that way we can't tell what you have with the photo

  • Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jun 06, 2021

    Hello. Is there any stenciling on back side they could give some clues.

  • Mogie Mogie on Jun 06, 2021

    You need to be an investigator and find some clues for us to go on. There should be info of some sort stamped in somewhere on the piece. Do you know where the piece was purchased or made at?

  • Dee Dee on Jun 06, 2021

    Take a full length photo and Google search it. If nothing comes up then use that photo for some antique dealers in your area.

  • Did you try searching those numbers online? It’s probably a model or style number. Check all around the piece for a label or stamp by the maker, otherwise an appraiser can help you.

  • You ca try using these numbers to search online, if it doesn't work you can try contacting your local antique dealers.

  • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jun 07, 2021

    Based on the photo, I would say it is a mid Century modern piece. When I tried to search the number, it came up with MCM pieces. If we could see the full piece, that might help to narrow it down.

  • Sharon Tabor Sharon Tabor on Jun 07, 2021

    The Era of the piece appears to be 1920-30s.

  • Veronica Kaiser Veronica Kaiser on Jun 07, 2021

    If you take a picture of the whole piece you can look up the image using google to find things that look the same you may have some luck finding information on the price

  • Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Jun 10, 2021

    Yes, it's an Art Deco piece 20's-30's.

    If you find no other markings, then

    That number is likely a catalog number of mass produced furniture. Then Sears, Wards, Penney's, etc could order from the catalog.

  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jun 11, 2021

    Hi, Looks 1930/40's to me!

  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jun 12, 2021

    Early 20th century. I have a similar dresser and it is called a waterfall design.