How do I find or make furniture for a contemporary bedroom?

+2
  • Pamela Pamela on Dec 26, 2018

Get a platform for the bed instead of a boxspring. If you are short of storage in the area you can get platforms with drawers ! Get clean simple lines in your furniture choices for dresser , nightstand , desk... Get a nice bedside & desk lamp, change out knobs on dresser .

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Dec 26, 2018

Need more information please. You can look at magazines for ideas.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 26, 2018

When I think of contemporary, I think of simple minimalist design. Plain straight legs on everything. Straight smooth design of all the furniture with no fancy embellishment. I kind of think of around the sixties with the simplistic design of the furniture back then. A lot of that style would really not be hard to make yourself. I hope this helps you get ideas, Jennie!

• I would go for a simple platform bed, very clean square lines and lots of black white, gray and maybe a few pops of red for color. You might consider floating shelves for the walls. And you could probably find modern dressers on Craigslist or at a flea market... swap out any ornamental hardware with simple square chrome knobs or pulls.

• Oliva Oliva on Dec 28, 2018

If you look at "images of Scandanavian decor" websites or "Contemporary European decor " websites, you'll see many options. You may have furniture companies in your area with these offerings, as well. If you're seeking a 1950's-1960's look, visit antique shops for well constructed pieces of furniture and decor.