Tween Girl Room Re-Do

My daughter will be starting middle school and we are re-doing her room. She painted it pink when she was 7, but she is ready for a more sophisticated space. She’s picked a pretty teal color for the walls. I am not skilled in decorating. We have a desk inside her closet but she still needs storage and clothes space. Any suggestions for how to arrange a “working“ closet would be great! The closet used to have accordion doors, but we removed those and hung curtains across the opening. It is not a walk in closet, just a standard size.

• Scooter Scooter on Jun 15, 2018
    Try getting a storage cube shelf with baskets. You could even make one yourself from cinder blocks and planks of wood - paint it and it could be really cute, use dollar store plastic containers on the shelves! Put hanging shoe racks (the cloth kind) on the walls of the closet if you have room and store things like scarves, belts, sweaters (rolled up) small purses, etc. Also an accordion hat rack will hold hats, jewelry, belts, etc. You can get them cheap on Amazon. Buy some cheap shower curtain rings (dollar store), and put items on them, then put them on the rungs of the accordion rack so you can put more items on each rung. Clip on drapery hooks will also hang on the accordion rack. Get clear shoe boxes from the dollar store that stack well to hold clothing or accessories as well. Buy cheap glass jars or vases (dollar store) to hold loose items like hair clips. Hope that gives you some ideas! Walk the isle of the dollar store and see what you come up with!!

• Janerose Janerose on Jun 15, 2018
    I am in a small rm rt now until reno is done in our room I have a coat rack for some clothes...hung a board with coat hooks (she could decorate) and hung my jeans on it by the belt loops. Not sure how much rm in her closet but could hang a cloth shoe holder or larger for more storage...also...paint the back of the closet a co-ord. color to her rm colors...also can easily hang colorful milk crates for storage...