This Lady had great bones but was a mess.
Once I started cleaning I realized the drawers needed help. I glued the drawers back together and put them in a wood vice to set. Five drawers later and they still had to be sanded to fit in their slots.
One of the legs was half gone. Taking a piece of 1" by 3" wood I traced it using an existing leg and cut, sanded and glued it back on.
The original mirror was gone so I found a sturdy hanging beveled mirror. The problem was how do I mount it on the vanity. I replaced the back, added supports and several boards for a base. To attach to vanity I used wood screws.
I next sanded and Chalk painted using a Serenity Blue. I decided this lady needed some jewelry so I spray painted her feet, rope trim and crown a metallic gold.
The bench was very plain. I added rope trim around the top and a beautiful French document material.
This lady is now dressed and ready for the ball. This was quite the challenge on so many levels I almost abandoned it several times but I realized the great challenge yeided a beautiful reward.
Resources for this project:See all materials
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.More info
Published April 23rd, 2017 9:32 AM
4 of 157 comments