How do I organize a room that my son and I have to share?

+1

I am getting a 1 bedroom instead of two and I’m looking for tips on how to arrange the room?

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Nov 22, 2019

Hi Dominequet,

Use a Dressing Screen when room is in use, that way you will both have some sense of privacy and will be less likely to disturb each other! Best wishes

• A dressing screen = even if it's a hung curtain, blanket, fabric, whatever. Been there done that. If there's enough room, place dressers, other furniture, nite stand, toy bin, etc. on each side sandwiching "dressing screen" in the middle.

• Beachbabi Beachbabi on Nov 22, 2019

If the room is large enough you can use an armoire, bookcase, or other large piece of furniture to divide the room into personal space & offer some privacy.

• Pamela Pamela on Nov 22, 2019

Hi ! When my son & daughter were little , they had to share a room . I partially separated the room by buying 2 tall ( 5 shelf ) inexpensive bookcases . I placed them side by side , but faced them in opposite directions . This gave each side a bookcase for books and storage and then on the backside of the shelf unit , I put up cork board to hang posters , cards , assignments ... You can also wallpaper it or use chalkboard paint ! Good luck !!!