I need a cheap and 'easy' solution for a bedroom floor

+2
When I bought my house I knew I had to get rid of the carpet in the bedrooms! I was lucky, and there was a nice hard wood floor in the spare room that I just needed to refinish. But NOT so lucky in the master. Looks like some sort of super glue stuck onto the floor that wont come off...so the carpet is still there until I can come up with a cheap and easy solution.HELP!

• Sheryl Cowherd Turner Sheryl Cowherd Turner on Jun 13, 2017
    How about laying down a new sub floor and painting it with porch paint?

• Karen Karen on Jun 13, 2017
    I'd use the peel and stick vinyl planks - they come in beautiful designs and colors.

• How about sanding the glue off and then painting?

• Sandie arreguin Sandie arreguin on Jun 14, 2017
    I took up my carpeting (didn't have glue issue) but cleaned the sub flooring best I could then used porch paint and then put down 10 x 12 carpet bought at HoBo . looks pretty good I think and was very inexpensive! I think I would try scraping the glue off or see ideas to remove it on youtube then do what you feel best! It was fun. I even thought about painting a design to make it look like a rug but ran out of time...had a new bed coming. Good luck!

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jun 16, 2017
    Pull up the carpet and put Goo Gone on the sticky spots. Let it sit overnight , then scrape with a metal scraper.
    You can install floating vinyl plank on top of that . Looks like wood , but is much cheaper , is durable and waterproof .