I love making things for my kid’s rooms. They love it, I have fun making the items, and it gives me an opportunity to take a risk and do something bold and unique that I might not try in the main areas of my home.
In the spirit of fun and bold, I recently made a bright pink modern stool for my daughter’s room. It was a fun experiment in using a unique modern design and a fun color choice.
Below are the easy steps you can take to make something similar for your own home! Sign up here to always stay updated on my latest projects!
Materials & Tools For Building:
- 1″ x 6″ x 3′ Oak Board
- 1″ x 12″ x 2′ Oak Board
- Miter Saw
- Measuring Tape
- Twine or String
- Random Orbit Sander with 120 grit and 220 grit sandpaper
- Tack Cloth
- Minwax Stainable Wood Filler
- 220 Grit Sandpaper
- 1 1/2″ Wood Screws (8)
- Minwax Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner
- Minwax Wood Finish Water-Based Semi-Transparent Color Stain in Pure White
- Minwax Wood Finish Water-Based Solid Color Stain in Blossom Pink
- Minwax Polycrylic Protective Finish
- Purdy 2” XL Sprig Paintbrush
- Synthetic Pad