What kind of bedframe do I need for this headboard and footboard?


Thank you

q bedframe
  6 answers
  • Mona Blake Mona Blake on Dec 12, 2018

    A metal bedframe would work.

  • Jan Loehr Jan Loehr on Dec 12, 2018

    They make metal or wood...go to a furniture place to look for correct size..am sure the bed had them at one time but you can get replacements...

  • Bijous Bijous on Dec 12, 2018

    Hi. There is a hole in the rails to put the rail over the brace in the original sides of this bed. I think you could use an old metal frame and put it into the brackets, but this looks like a three-quarter bed. You may have a problem finding a frame. Good luck!

  • Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Dec 12, 2018

    If you cannot find one to fit have someone who knows how to build and use steel, make you up a set. It should not be too expensive.

  • Becky Miller Becky Miller on Dec 12, 2018

    This bed is very old, as in vintage 1930s to 1940s. That means you will have to shop at junk stores and flea markets. The rails are made from angle iron and have a round peg-like on the outside of the rail. That peg will fit into the slot on the headboard and footboard. Hopefully, you'll find one. Good luck and happy hunting!

  • Dee Dee on Dec 12, 2018

    If you drill a hole in the frame you can use a metal bed frame.